Saturday, November 28, 2009

Post-Black Friday Blues

I carried a fair amount of money with me to San Jose for Thanksgiving. Since I had no reason to drive myself back to LA to shop with friends I figured I'd do it with family.
I stayed up the night before with about an hour of nap before I left for the stores. Figured since Gilroy is a town that is fairly empty and devoid of urban life it might be the best place to raid the local Gamestop for the Friday deals. At around 4 in the morning we left for Best Buy which was to be opened at around 5. I checked around for the camera deal they had but had found out that the cameras were already sold out within four minutes after opening. While my uncle went around shopping I went ahead and walked over to the nearby Gamestop to wait in line for the PS3 Slim bundle deal for the day. I waited an hour for it to open and was third in line to grab the 6 PS3 bundles in stock. I was unfortunate though, once it opened both cashiers instantly took in customers, mine being the slow one meant people behind me got all the bundles by the time I reached the desk. Ironic part was that the people in front of me were buying the used PS2 systems and things that wouldn't go out of stock anytime soon.
Feeling dejected and fairly annoyed I went off to shop around with my uncle, going to Target, other Gamestops and a Radio Shack for deals.

We decided to go to a Walmart for the last stop in shopping. One thing I noticed is that the Walmart we went to was also half-supermarket. Yes, they have started to become competition to the nearby food markets. Even though I said I wouldn't support Walmart by buying from them, I have only done it that day. They had in a new shipment of PS3 Slim bundles, this one carried Infamous, Arkham Asylum and a Blu-ray disc The Dark Knight. It was too much of a deal I'll have to say. Plus they told me it was fresh stock from the shipment they got less than an hour before. So I bought it from the one place I would've never expected to have bought from.

P.S. I also bought a game along with a headband ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment